Tuesday, May 29, 2007

My New Business

In early May, I created my Etsy store after discovering the site while browsing shops created by two of my friends, Jussara and Kami. Jussara now runs two great Etsy shops: Brazil Designs and Spa Therapy. Kami sells the most adorable felt hair clips for little girls through her successful shop: Maya Papaya.

I started my shop with intentions of primarily selling handmade hair accessories for women of all ages. However, some family and friends encouraged me to continue designing custom invitations, greeting cards, and birth annoucements. So, I expanded my shop to include such items... and now I've added many more categories! I sell lots of random items now, but they all have one thing in common... they're all handmade by yours truly.

It's been great to express my creativity while earning a little extra cash! I am so fortunate to be able to stay at home with my son, and this new endeovor makes that even more possible. Thanks to everyone who has supported my new business thus far! I truly appreciate it. I've now sold more than 33 items (or sets of items) in less than a month!

3 comments:

Sugarloaf said...

Janna, your blog looks so great! Congrats!!! And I want to thank you for the shot outs to my crafty stores as well. I love the new t-shirt you've added to your store. Sooo cute!

Lydia said...

Your photos look fantastic-very professional. Are you taking them on a white posterboard? Indoors? Outdoors? I'd love to know your secret!

Check out my blog too at shopbabymama.blogspot.com

Designs By Janna said...

Thanks, Lydia! I just set the item(s) on a white posterboard that I bought from WalMart. I also bought black, but don't use it as much. I try to take the photos outside but not directly under the bright sun. If I can't go outside to take them on a posterboard, then I find the brightest spot in my house (near a window), take the photos, and Photoshop them until they look halfway decent. ;)